Thursday, August 25, 2011

Showing my support...

Etsy.com is one of the best websites. If you haven't discovered it (or stumbleupon.com, or pinterest.com)...well...you are missing out. People around the world sell their handmade, craft, and vintage items and it's a great website for home decor ideas as well as gifts. Once Ben left, I decided to canvas the site to see if they had any fun things for military wives...well little did I know...there's pages and pages of jewelry, signs, keychains, clothing, mugs etc that support military families and people who have loved ones overseas. I went right away to ordering some fun stuff to remind me of Ben while he's gone.

First of all, we all know my love for anything coffee. I found the neatest mug online that you can personalize. It's two little birds on a tree branch. On the tree trunk the girl painted a yellow ribbon and our names to look like they were carved on the tree. I now drink coffee out of this every morning...next thing to order is a personalized tervis! lol.
You can order it here
Another neat thing I found on Etsy was a yellow ribbon bracelet. Works really similar to tying a yellow ribbon outside on a tree (but I will not do because i live alone....)...Except it's on your arm. It's a little brass bow and a black cord. You're supposed to tie it on your arm and wear it constantly until your soldier gets home. Then break it off! I ordered this as well. I have friends whose husbands are leaving soon and think it's an awesome gift idea as well! :)



Having these things help remind me that there is a bigger purpose to this than just Ben being away from me. He is helping in the fight for our freedom, my freedom. I am so proud of him and so thankful for what he is doing.



PS.

Of course I didn't want Taco to feel left out. I ordered him a new dog tag with a yellow ribbon. Now he jingles everywhere he goes, and I smile every time I see that ribbon on his tag.  He also gets to wear a cute little bandana around his collar- "I'm on duty while dad's deployed."



No comments:

Post a Comment