Monday, August 1, 2011

It's All in the Details

I have a whole new appreciation for DIY weddings and details. We had a small wedding with less than twenty people- and that was stressful! Luckily, many of the small details we were able to do ourselves.

one. instead of ordering my bouquet and our table centerpiece flowers, we were able to go to a small wholesale place in downtown Orlando. Yes, I spent the day before my wedding in a floral freezer with a winter coat on, picking out flowers for my wedding. How many brides get to do that!? We got 75 roses and many other flowers for less than $60.

two. we arranged our own flowers and bouquet. I sat on the floor and hand tied my bouquet together, and added all the pins. We tied raffia bows around mason jars and my family helped us set the tables.

three. we bought a super low-cost wedding arch at Hobby Lobby- but with a little tulle, ivy, and fresh flowers- it was perfect for our ceremony.

I never had any idea just how many details come with a wedding- I can't imagine how any of this could have happened without my family. I was so worried that everything wouldn't pull together- but it did- and it was a perfect day. DIY may seem cheaper, but you can't forget how much extra time it takes to actually "Do It Yourself." I've already hired a wedding coordinator for next year- and she'll decorate for me! More on our special day later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment