Saturday, August 13, 2011

He put a Ring on it!

I have the sweetest husband. He likes to plan nice weekends for us to go enjoy together when we both have a few days off together. Last year he took me to Cancun, in February he took me to San Antonio for Valentine's Day.

So, when he said he wanted to go away for a weekend over Easter, I agreed right away, not thinking anything out of the ordinary. In the morning we agreed to sleep in, and as soon as we woke up I gave him his Easter basket!

Side note: Easter has always been a fun holiday for me, especially being a pastor's daughter (yes, I am one of those). My parents *excuse me* I mean, the Easter Bunny, would always hide my basket in the house for me to find. And it became a tradition every year to get a chocolate bunny. One year my mom introduced me to frozen chocolate- and every year I began putting my bunny in the freezer so I could eat it frozen later.

This year, our first Easter together, I packed B's basket with all sorts of silly things. After I gave him the basket, he told me that I had to wait for mine until we got to The Hollows- the place where we were staying for the weekend. So we finish packing and go on our way.

The Hollows is a vacation spot on Lake Travis, a large, gorgeous lake in Texas. We checked in at the front gate- little did I know that he had rented our own condo! We actually had to drive about 3 miles from the visitors center. We get there...and this is not any condo.

TWO bedrooms, TWO bathrooms, a LAUNDRY room, a GARAGE, a full kitchen, a BBQ grill and a huge porch with a dining area and a couch too! I was in awe (and yet still clueless that anything was up).

So with an open mouth, we proceed to unpack our bags and explore our new surroundings. Ben brings in my Easter basket and hands it to me. Explains: its not as packed as the one you gave me because this weekend is your Easter present (duh). There was a large chocolate bunny sitting on top of my basket. So B asks, "Why don't we go explore the Hollows and find a place later to watch the sunset and we can bring the bunny and eat it?" And I say, "Okay! Good idea. Let's put it in the freezer!" He looks at me strangely but proceeds to put the chocolate bunny in our freezer.

After spending the day exploring, we found a spot to watch the sunset. We cooked a delicious dinner in our kitchen, grabbed the bunny, and headed out to our special spot to enjoy the rest of our evening.

We chose a spot called  "the amphitheater", a hollowed out place with a beautiful view of the lake. After sitting and talking for awhile, B asked me if I was ready to eat the bunny. I said, sure! (STILL utterly and completely clueless). Then he goes, "Do you want the feet or the ears?" And I said, "The ears." Then, "I'm going to show you a trick. Count to three..."


1...
2...
3...

He breaks the bunny open, and nestled inside was the most beautiful, unexpected sight. A little black box. And inside, is the most beautiful ring I've ever seen.


And the rest is history :) I said, "yes!"








No comments:

Post a Comment