Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mom is here!

I know I'm a big girl now, but throughout my life I have always been very close to my mom. When I'm sick, I don't want anyone but mom to take care of me. Now, she's not just my mom, she's one of my best friends. After Ben left she came up a week later-  what a perfect time for her to come, get my mind off him being away (AND replenish my coffee and splenda supply)! Yes, to the left there, you'll see the 1000 packets of splenda and 7 bags of coffee that she brought me. :) Gotta have some way to roll out of bed in the morning!


I can always tell when mom's in town. My fridge and freezer go from super empty (because we all remember my love of cooking) to packed with fruits, veggies, healthy choices, and frozen meals.
She also taught me a few simple recipes for me to make (without burning the house down). We were so productive while she was here! I was able to get 6 days off...which never happens! It was good to spend some girl time together. I am so blessed that she was able to be here.


While she was here, we decided to redo my office. Being an artist, I am what you would call a "spread outer"- meaning when I am doing a project, that project is spread all over my every room in the house.


Since I moved here, I only had a very small, cramped desk. We decided to brave IKEA for the day to get some new work tables. We packed my little "roller skate" (as B calls it) full of everything we could,We kept a budget of around $200- and now I have a more functional workspace.

 I even have a special table for my painting and calligraphy. All of my books and art supplies are all nicely organized- now I just need to add some pops of color. I want to add a reading chair too...but design can wait. I need to go back and get some more things to organize.

Another thing we worked on...wedding planning! We were finally able to get somewhat of a budget down (HOW do $$ add up so quickly!)

It was harder than normal for her to leave...maybe because I've had to say goodbye to two people I care about in such a small amount of time.

I am so thankful for everyone who has been checking on me! Every time I think I can't miss Ben any more than I do...I miss him even more. But this is just one more week down.

No comments:

Post a Comment